Are you a business owner in Wicklow? Did you know…
If you or your business have less than 10 employees; turnover less than €2million; Applicants must be registered in County Wicklow and trading for a minimum of 6 months* you are eligible for Web Design Grants? A new scheme from the Local Enterprise Office is offering Irish SMEs up to €2,500 in order to update an existing website or to get a completely new website built. You can read more from the Local Enterprise office here.
There are also new incentives for Web Design Grants as per April 7th 2020 in order to boost businesses who have suffered as a result of the Covid19 lockdown restrictions. This update includes: requirement for co-funding in respect of applications received after 7 April 2020 is reduced from 50% to 10%
What is it?
Previous voucher recipients may apply for a second voucher
Note: ineligible projects include those with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, not for profit organisations, trade associations and company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
The application process for the Trading Online Voucher will be a competitive process.
From the 7th of April – 30th of September 2020
these additions to the Web Design Grants will be implemented:
- The requirement for co-funding in respect of applications received after 7 April 2020 is reduced from 50% to 10%
- The introduction of the second voucher of up to €2,500 for businesses that have already availed of a voucher under the Scheme but who find themselves needing to upgrade their existing e-commerce capability. The second voucher would also have a requirement for co-funding of 10%. Applicants for a second voucher are also required to participate in an information session if they have not attended an information session in the last 9 months.
- The drawdown of payments in respect of new vouchers in two instalments rather than in one instalment as is presently the case.
- Subscriptions to low cost online retail platform solutions are eligible expenditure under the scheme, is to allow applicants to quickly establish a retailing presence online.
- Additional project evaluation criterion – How will the project aid the business during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Who is eligible?
The vouchers are targeted at businesses that have a limited or no online trading presence; less than 10 employees; turnover less than €2million; Applicants must be registered in County Wicklow and trading for a minimum of 6 months*.
*applicant business must provide clear proof of trading for a minimum of 6 months to their Local Enterprise Office
The voucher is a financial incentive for small businesses to develop or enhance their ability to trade online. Under the scheme, a qualifying business may apply for funding to a maximum value of 2,500 or 90% of eligible expenditure (exclusive of VAT), whichever is the lesser. Following approval of their application, a successful applicant can engage suppliers and upon completion of the work, submit a request for payment to the LEO in line with the terms and conditions of their voucher.
Trading Online Vouchers can be used for:
- IT consultation;
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website;
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet-related software;
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages);
- Development of a digital marketing strategy;
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage online trading activity.
- Subscriptions (excluding transaction costs) to low cost online retail platform solutions, which would allow applicants to quickly establish a retailing presence online.
- Purchase of Online Advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of all other approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase);
- Purchase of Professional Photography (this expenditure cannot make up any more than 80% of all other approved voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
Trading Online Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity
Want to request a quote for the Trading Online Voucher?
Check out our web design services